Having a password manager is one of the best courses of action if you want to keep your online presence secure, and it’s one of the very first recommended apps we should be installing on our phones. It has been known for a long time that keeping the same password (or just slight variations of the same password) across several websites, is insecure as once someone manages to get their hands on your password, they can have easy access to all of your other accounts.
But some things you need to consider are:
* 2FA for app - very necessary now to prevent someone taking control of your password manager itself
* Sync across devices - not only for convenience but also as backup if primary device gets lost
* Automated backups - certainly needed if not syncing across devices
* Cross-Platform - to auto-fill on desktop browser, iOS, Android
* Independent audits - essential to know the app has been independently tested and verified
* 2FA Auto-Fill - nice to have for many sites that now use 2FA and where you don't want to run a separate 2FA app
See Best Free Password Manager: Bitwarden, KeePass, LastPass and more!
Tired of using the same password for everything? Looking for free password managers to manage all your passwords? We have you covered!